WEEKLY SECURITY TONIC BY SAFETY SIGNATURES
Topic: Ensure Your Safety on the Road
Monday, 16th September, 2019.
Prepared by: Safety Signatures Limited
It is going to be a very busy end of year, as always. Many home travelings, many end of year activities, many celebrations. The last four months of the year has a phenomenon of being the busiest part of the year, and it probably records the highest number of vehicular accidents and other road mishaps.
With these in mind, it is very important that extra security care must be taken by motorists and the public to ensure their safety on the road and reduced to the barest minimum the number of road accidents (if not avoided completely).
Here are some of the security tips that you should take heed to as a driver/motorist as you ply the roads this “ember months:”
- Always ensure that your car, motorcycle or tricycle is road worthy before putting it on the road. Make sure that all the various components are functional and durable.
- Don’t drive your car, motorcycle or tricycle if you are not certain about your brakes. Fix your brakes, as it will come in handy incase of any mishap.
- Ensure your traffic-indicator lights are working. So that other road users will always see what and where you are indicating.
- Always use your seat belt. This is especially for car users. It is a life saver.
- Use a helmet as a motorcycle driver/user. It is also a life saver.
- Take note of all traffic signs on the road as you drive. They are very important as they indicate what is ahead of you and what you are allowed to do at every point as you drive. You would need to study the signs to know exactly what they mean so you can follow accordingly.
- Obey traffic lights as they direct vehicular movements on busy intra-city roads.
- When driving on the highway, especially in a one lane road, don’t overtake at sharp bends. You are not seeing the incoming vehicle because of the sharp bend. It is better to overtake when you are seeing the road and vehicles coming ahead of you.
- Drive within the speed limit indicated on roads. If there are no speed limit indicators, drive 100km/h on highways, 60km/h on intercity roads and 30km/h on streets. Remember, Speed kills!
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks or take drugs that make you drowsy before driving. You will be endangering your life and those of other people using the road.
- Always have a fire extinguisher in your car, motorcycle and tricycle to put out fire, increase of any fire incident.
- Never forget this, your family and friends are waiting for you to arrive home safely. Don’t disappoint them. Drive safely.
It is very important that you take note of these safety tips and put them to memory and also do them. Your safety on the road depends on them.
This safety tips was powered by Safety Signatures Limited. For your free security consultancy, contact Safety Signatures on: